Targeted Case Management Coordinator
Parsons Counseling & Play Therapy Center in Berea is hiring for Targeted Case Managers to work with our growing division. This is a contract employee position with no benefits and pays for his/her own taxes.
Objective: The case manager will carry a case load that will provide case management, support, advocacy, community resources, referring and assessing services provided and needed in each individual case. Provide Case Management to individuals who are recipients of mental health services and their families as outlined by the state and in accordance with governmental laws, regulations and company policy and procedures.
Organizations: This position reports to the Targeted Case Manager Director in accordance with company and regulatory policy.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Meets 2-4 times monthly with child or adult client in a variety of settings.
- Maintain a full caseload (15 (part-time) to 25 (full-time) cases)
- Complete intake assessments, develop treatment goals and objectives, develops Crisis Prevention Plan, and Strength-based needs assessments plan with client and family and all paperwork required by state and office regulations.
- Complete contact notes in 24 hours.
- Must know how to type proficiently
- Must review treatment goals and objectives quarterly and make necessary changes
- Obtain knowledge on local resources in the area the client lives in.
- Understands the member’s diagnosis and the particular challenges it presents to the member’s family and provides information, support and/or intervention to the members and families.
- Meets with other service providers to plan and coordinate treatment to ensure the integration of the treatment across the member’s home, school, and community and to achieve the desired outcomes and goals identified in the treatment plan.
- Participate in continuous improvement of programs and services for the center
- Demonstrate open and honest problem and conflict resolution skills
- Present and performs in a professional manner and dress at all times
- Facilitate interdisciplinary treatment team meetings
- Provide direct care and treatment for individuals, families, and groups which will include linking the identified resources, monitoring services received, advocating for client needs, discharge planning, and follow-up. Will also provide support to the clients’ family members
- Submits documents as required by state regulations and the company.
- All required paperwork needs to be completed to meet company and state regulations by scanning in all documentation and client work in-house and uploaded to clients’ electronic chart
- Provides support and community integration services to each family
- Serve as a liaison with other agencies providing other types of services
- Must understand how to use computers such as a laptop/Chromebook
- Must have knowledge in and comfortable in using web-based apps such as Gmail, google documents, spreadsheets, how to use the google drive, google calendar, and other web based applications
- Must understand company policies
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Must be able to work independently
- Must be able to complete follow through with all tasks
- Must have timely communication
- Must check email daily and respond as appropriate
- Will be required to perform administrative duties such as inputting client information in client electronic charts
- Work hours vary based on the family’s schedule
- Traveling required must have own reliable transportation
- Completes all required training.
Qualifications: The candidate for this position will have extensive experience providing social services to children and families.
- Bachelor’s degree in human services or related field with ONE YEAR POST experience in working with either children or adults in a human service setting.
- Master’s degree in a Behavioral Science may substitute for one year experience
- Prior case management services experience preferred.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Good communication, data entry, and organization skills.
- Detailed oriented.
- Quick learner.
- Team player and work well with others.
- Working knowledge of Google Apps, Gmail, and other web-based applications.
Physical Requirements: Each applicant must be able to complete/pass all required in-services and training.
- Must be able to read, write and follow directions
- Ability to stand, walk, stop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl.
- Ability to reach, grasp, use fine finger movement and feel fine sensation discern temperature, texture, size and shape, ability to speak and hear.
- You must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
Bachelor’s and Master’s degree may be one of these :
- Social work;
- Human services;
- Behavioral analysis;
- Public health;
- Special education;
- Recreational therapy;
- Rehabilitation counseling
Contract employee means that you get paid based on how many client cases you take on. This is a flexible position. This position requires that you have a case load of 15 clients with a minimum of 20 hours a week of time required for this position. There may be some nights and weekends to accommodate your client’s schedules however most clients will be seen during the day. Clients will live mostly in Madison County with a few clients in neighboring counties. Caseloads will start off with 5 clients for the first month and then move up to 25 maximum clients. This is a good position for someone seeking employment while working another part-time job, going to school, or raising a family. Parsons Counseling is family focused, non-smoking environment, and has motivated caring staff to assist individuals and families.
All cover letters must state that candidate knows how to type, state five computer apps candidate is knowledgeable in, and describing the one-year experience required from the state or why candidate feels his/her master’s degree has prepared him/her for this position. Do not apply if you do not meet state requirements.
- One year experience in Human Service field after BA/BS degree: 1 year
- Typing and computer/the internet: 3 years
- Working with children or adults in a human service setting: 1 year
- Cover Letter and Professional Resume must be emailed to TCM@parsonscounseling.com