Full-time / Part-time
We are seeking licensed mental health practitioners to provide full-time or part-time counseling at our Berea and Richmond locations. Ideal candidates are service oriented, have a strong sense of personal ethics and integrity, and seek a collaborative and supportive work environment.
Why Work for Parsons Counseling?
Parsons Counseling is passionate about supporting underserved populations and providing interventions that are responsive to the needs of our community. We offer unique treatment options to clients by integrating play and expressive therapy techniques with traditional counseling approaches. We emphasize a comprehensive treatment approach that includes individual and group counseling, psychiatric services, Comprehensive Community Support Services, and Targeted Case Management. Importantly, we emphasize both the care of our clients and our employees.
Full-time benefits include health insurance, a retirement plan, voluntary benefits, paid vacation, paid sick days, 10 paid holidays, paid supervision, in-service training, and financial assistance for certifications in Theraplay, AutPlay, EMDR, and TF-CBT. We strongly encourage and support our providers in seeking certification as Registered Play Therapists. Additional benefits include short-term disability, dental, and accident/cancer insurance.
Counselors are responsible for the therapeutic needs and continuum of clinical care for their clients. Clinical responsibilities include individual therapy, family sessions, group sessions, documenting all services, attending treatment team meetings, and working closely with the clinical director.
- Provide quality counseling services that are in accordance with agency, state, and professional standards
- Complete clinical documentation in a timely manner
- Participate in staff meetings and in-service training
- Coordinate with other staff and the clinical director
- Communicate with community partners to advocate for client needs
- Independent or provisional license in counseling, social work, or a related field
- Commitment to serving others
- Strong sense of personal and professional integrity
- Ability to work well with others
- Positive, flexible, and solution-focused attitude
- Completion of a successful criminal background check
- Basic computer skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Creative thinking and problem-solving
- Experience or interest in one or more of the following areas:
- Play Therapy and other Expressive Therapies
- Trauma-based CBT and/or EMDR
Full-time: $40,000.00 – $52,000.00 per year
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter by email to Jessica Abell, Practice Administrator at [email protected].
Parsons Counseling is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.