Parsons Counseling Training Institute
where play begins and learning never ends
It is our goal to provide a fun atmosphere as participants learn new techniques and interventions to work with all ages. We provide trainings focused on:
- Play Therapy
- RPT core requirements
- EMDR with children
- Pornography Addiction
- Teen concerns
- Empower Play for parents, teachers, and professionals
It is our goal to make our trainings for counselors, teachers, OT, Speech, daycare providers, and others that seek to understand how to best work with children, teens, adults, and families.
Our Annual Conference
3rd Parsons Counseling Play Therapy Conference
October 16, 2020
Counseling sessions can be fun and interactive as games are incorporated. Instead of just playing a game learn how to turn games into therapeutic moments with increasing muscle memory, allowing the client to experience their frustration threshold, and then using coping skills in that moment to learn how to come down their own personal thermometer.
- Participants will learn about the effects of trauma on the brain and how it affects behaviors
- Participants will learn how to use a SUDS and incorporated internal cues to reduce anxiety and frustration
- Participants will learn six interactive play therapy interventions to assist in building muscle memory
- Participants will learn how to incorporate games to increase client coping skills
SUMMARY: Understand more about how clients’ behavior is affected by their trauma. Increase clients’ coping skills in a session to increase their muscle memory. These six challenging interventions can also be used with clients to reduce their anxiety, OCD, depression, behavior challenged with working with adults and children.
Training Institute Calendar
Upcoming Training Details