Looking to become a Registered Play Therapist then this training is a must for you so you may complete the Play Therapy History requirement for The Association for Play Therapy. This training offers an overview of all the Seminal Theories and Historically Significant Theories in one training. Along with learning the theories there will be hands-on interventions related to most theories for a deeper understanding on how to incorporate the theory while working with clients. The training will address the founders, the theories, what makes them unique, the strengths and limitations of each theory, the treatment approaches, and practical application. Several art and play therapy interventions will be discussed. This training includes PowerPoint, video clips, and experiential exercises.
- Learn about each of the Founders of play therapy and their significance/contribution to play therapy
- Explain what makes each theory unique and significant
- Describe the strengths and limitations of the each theory
- Understand your role as a counselor regarding diagnosing, treatment approaches, and family involvement
- Explain how to use a play therapy intervention for each theory