AutPlay Therapy Certification Training with Robert Jason Grant
Virtual Live Webinar Seats Only Still Available! In-person is full!
This is an intensive training that focuses on teaching the AutPlay Therapy protocol, an integrative family play therapy approach to working with autistic children and adolescents, neurodivergent children, children with developmental disabilities, and their families. AutPlay Therapy emphasizes neurodiversity affirming an informed approach and harnesses the therapeutic powers of play to help address mental health issues for autistic children and their families. This training presents an overview of autism and other neurodevelopmental disorders. How to build relationships and assess (utilizing several AutPlay inventories) for target goal areas is covered along with parent and child co-change agent processes. Goal areas of connection, emotional regulation, and social navigation are described with example play therapy interventions for each area. The three progressive phases are presented (intake and assessment, structured play interventions, and termination).
Parent/family/child involvement is explained with a protocol for working with parents and children as partners in the process. The AutPlay Therapy Follow Me Approach is explained which details how to work with children with little to no engagement and attunement ability creating special playtimes to improve connection and relationship development. Additional components such as theoretical underpinnings, understanding dysregulation, improving regulation ability, research, and case examples are covered. Several play therapy interventions are explained and demonstrated through session video clips. Experiential activities are presented, and case conceptualization and planning are discussed.
Once you have registered for the training, you will be emailed a pre-training form with a few instructions before your two-day in-person training. This includes instructions for purchasing and reading the book AutPlay Therapy for Children and Adolescents on the Autism Spectrum by Robert Jason Grant prior to your training.
1) Explain autism spectrum disorder and other neurodevelopmental disorders.
2) Describe the components of AutPlay Therapy including conducting an AutPlay Therapy session, theoretical underpinnings, phases of therapy, assessment and screening instruments, and goal planning.
3) Describe the three common primary target areas of AutPlay Therapy.
4) Identify several structured play therapy interventions to use for addressing target areas.
5) Discuss how to involve parents and other family members as co-change agents (partners).
6) Describe the AutPlay model of dysregulation
7) Identify play therapy interventions to address dysregulation issues.
8) Implement the AutPlay Follow Me Approach, designed for children with limited engagement and attunement ability.
9) Describe how to work with parents in implementing AutPlay Follow Me play times at home.
10) Explain research and evidence-based practices in AutPlay Therapy.
11) Outline the theoretical underpinnings of AutPlay, including seminal play therapy theories and other integrated methods.
12) Identify at least 6 AutPlay interventions to increase experiential knowledge.
Who Should Attend:
Play Therapists, any mental health professionals, teachers, guidance counselors, parents, anyone who works with children and teens, and those who work with and/or live with children with special needs.
This program is appropriate for professionals of beginner, intermediate, and advanced skill levels.
CE Offered: 16 total hours (14 contact & 2 non-contact)
Continuing education credit for this event is sponsored by Parsons Counseling, LLC. The program offers a total of 14.00 contact hours, or 7.00 contact hours for each day with each full daily attendance required. The CE processing fee is included with registration for counseling and Play Therapy.
If you have any questions regarding continuing education, the program, grievance issues, or learning objectives, please contact the Training Institute Coordinator at 859-985-7862 or by emailing [email protected]
Work toward becoming a Registered Play Therapist (RPT) by attending this conference. Go to www.a4pt.org for more information.
Parsons Counseling, LLC has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 7101. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Parsons Counseling, LLC is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
Parsons Counseling, LLC has been approved by APT as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, APT No. 17-496. Programs that do not qualify for APT credit are clearly identified. Parsons Counseling, LLC is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.